Dear Jeppiyaar and other Engineering college owner brothers,
Let me introduce myself. I am a manager in an IT company and we recruit from your college. Actually, “recruit” would be an understatement. We put up a “Tresspassers will be recruited” notice and pretty much herd in anybody who pays attention to us. But I am afraid we are having problems of late. Most of the students from your college seem to expect the following in our offices:
1. Separate staircases and elevators for boys and girls.
2. Separate work areas for ladies and gents
3. Separate dining areas for ladies and gents
4. They decline to shake hands with our clients many of whom happen to have 2 X chromosomes.
5. Iron grill creating separate seating areas for men and women in buses.
6. Separate mousepads for girls and boys
7. Your boys also refuse to work on code written by girls, and in our company, I’m afraid team work is critical
8. We have video conferences, and your boys refuse to look into the camera because they are afraid that they might accidentally make eye contact with girls.
9. Some of them are complaining to our security demanding separate corridoors and coffee machines for boys and girls.
10. Their productivity is very poor unless we make our security officers stand around in the work areas. Apparently, they are so used to “squads” that they find life without them impossible.
There are only two genders in Homo Sapiens society and at some point or the other, it is fairly inevitable that some interaction between them is required. So I earnestly request you to please upgrade your college rules to a level slightly above Medieval Spanish Inquisition so that IT companies can continue to flourish in this city.
A Concerned IT Manager.
During the Emergency, Sanjay Gandhi initiated a forcible Vasectomy campaign.
In late 90s, engineering colleges in Chennai initiated a forcible mental vasectomy campaign thanks to rules such as these
Lets hope things improve now at least.